Have you received a letter from us?


If your question isn’t answered here, email us on [email protected] or call our team on 01772 804 404.

Did you contract out of SERPS? It is possible to track down your old SERPS contributions yourself.

You can do this by contacting HMRC and your pension administrators. This is how:

  1. Log into your personal tax account https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account where you can find out if you have or haven’t opted out of SERPS. (To create a personal tax account, you’ll need your National Insurance number, a recent payslip/ P60 or a valid UK passport).
  2. If you can see that you have opted out of SERPS you will then need to write to HMRC at the following address for the details:

SARS/DPU, National Insurance Contributions & Employers Office, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AN.

You should ask for any relevant information they hold in relation to your pension, including policy numbers. Remember to include your address, date of birth and National Insurance number.

  1. Once HMRC respond you should contact your Pension Scheme Administrator to request full details of your pensions. You can find the details of scheme administrators by visiting https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

    If you manage to locate any pension contributions via HMRC, we can then help you check whether they're working as hard as they can for you. With the information from your pension providers we’ll also be able to tell you how your pension(s) compare against the best in the market. We're able to improve 94% of the pensions we review and only charge a fee if you choose to switch your pension upon our recommendation - and we only recommend a switch if it’s in your best interests.

If you still have questions about why you've received a letter from us, please feel free to contact us.
Help me
my pensions!Go